Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Universalism/Universal Reconciliation
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Universalism/Universal Reconciliation

Universalism/Universal Reconciliation 3 weeks, 5 days ago #5027

Hello! I do have a question about where to find good Universalism and Universal Reconciliation books and websites. I was perusing through the forums on this website before on these issues, but most Universalism discussions were either not very helpful and/or civil. I recently listened to Episodes 43 and 87 of the Rethinking Hell Podcast, with Robin Perry in them, and it really gave me a lot to think about. I have recently changed my view on Hell to Conditionalism within the past couple months, so I am no scholar on the issue yet. I am also a Calvinist myself, but not a hyper Calvinist or anything. Now, I am looking for books and websites that have good Universalism/Universal Reconciliation arguments and discussion points. I would also like to see someone actually deal with Scripture itself, rather than make philisophical argumentation for Universalism, yet empty of Bible passages that actually support what they are arguing for. I also would like to see a Universalist deal with Conditionalist proof texts, as that is something that I would like to figure out. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Universalism/Universal Reconciliation 1 week, 5 days ago #5052

• Msandino
  • Fresh Boarder
The best selection of biblically based Evangelical Universalism I've seen is tentmaker.com.

Dr. Robin Parry is the rock star: he has quite a few videos on Youtube, and a great new book on Amazon which I haven't bought yet.

If you haven't listened several times to each of the presentations at the last few Rethinking Hell conferences, you are missing out. Searchable on YouTube. These conferences are amazing because they are bold enough to present several different viewpoints, including quite a few Universalists, like Dr Robin Parry, and even some orthodox perspectives. Gotta love them for that.

You can get lost on this website:
www.auburn.edu/~allenkc/univart.html

And finally, try reading all of this of JW Hanson's works, starting here:
www.tentmaker.org/books/Prevailing.html

That will keep you busy.

Oh - Don't forget
www.mercyuponall.org/

And feel free to email me at any time: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

It's so wonderful to be freed from the specter of Eternal Conscious Torment! I'd subscribe to Conditionalism, but I still keep finding Biblical evidence for the apokatastatis spoken of by Paul and championed by St Gregory of Nyssa.

I spend most of my free time scouring the Scriptures to see if it is so!

Re: Universalism/Universal Reconciliation 1 week, 5 days ago #5053

• Msandino
  • Fresh Boarder
And one more:

This is a very thoughtful discussion from a Universalist critiquing Conditionalism

www.tentmaker.org/books/EternalDeath.html
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.37 seconds
Featured audio: Dr. Al Mohler & Chris Date debate
"Should Christians rethink Hell?" on Unbelievable?