Username Password: Remember me

Satan's Fate
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Satan's Fate

Re: Satan's Fate 1 month, 2 weeks ago #5225

• chloebess
  • Fresh Boarder
Good information.

Whether or not Satan is a spirit may be open to question, though I am beginning to believe he isn't now (thanks for that), isn't as important as whether or not he is immortal.

And he cannot be because the Bible says only God is immortal. That makes Satan mortal, and any reference to him living on for an eternity is destroyed by the same Greek word aion which applies to humans.
Last Edit: 1 month, 2 weeks ago by chloebess.

Re: Satan's Fate 1 month, 2 weeks ago #5226

• John Haak
  • Gold Boarder
Typo: "That makes Satan ..." Mortal is the word; subject to death.
Simple logic is what you use here and that is our pathway to nudging others to "re-think" hell. Better bible study applied as you will find in Fudge's book and articles here. It also frees us from defending an erroneous "hell" of endless torture by loving God we want the Unreconciled meet so they can have "everlasting life and not perish."

Even the well-known C. S. Lewis quote, "... you have never met a mere mortal..." is okay when you recognize it is the adjective "mere" was emphasized. Every person we meet can be more than mortal if they get reconciled to God through Christ. He spoke of the wonderful potential every person has; the glorious future that God is offering.

So your original question does help. It shows, that with careful study, even the most powerful being of creation, Satan, does not have everlasting life in himself.
The following user(s) said Thank You: chloebess

Re: Satan's Fate 22 hours, 9 minutes ago #5254

chloebess wrote:
No doubt this has been discussed many times here.

Can someone give me their opinion on the difference between eternal life and immortal life? I believe that eternal life is a gift that is dependent on the only One (God) Who has immortal life (self-sustaining).

Adam and Eve were eternal beings in the garden which means as long as they ate they could live forever. An immortal cannot die by any means so they do not have to eat to remain alive. They eat because they like the taste of the food. Adam and Eve become immortal when they are resurrected to life at the start of the 1,000 year reign. Drinking from the river in Eze:47 is how they become immortal. The last are the men from judgment day.

This verse is for the new earth and everybody is born as an eternal being until they are the age of 120 and then they are given the living water and they become immortal.

Isa:65:20:
There shall be no more thence an infant of days,
nor an old man that hath not filled his days:
for the child shall die an hundred years old;
but the sinner being an hundred years old shall be accursed.

An infant is a person from conception until they are 20 years old. The title of infant is what dies rather than the infant.
An old man is anybody who has been judged not to be a sinner when they are 120. They keep that title for the rest of eternity.
A child is the title that replaces infant and it covers 100 years and ends at the judgment that comes at that age.
As sinner of a 100 years would be a 'child' who sins in the 100 years they have that title. They would be sent to the fiery lake rather be given the drink of living water and the title of 'old man'.
Last Edit: 22 hours, 9 minutes ago by Wayfaring Stranger.

Re: Satan's Fate 19 hours, 12 minutes ago #5255

• John Haak
  • Gold Boarder
There is so much speculation in your answer and not one Bible reference that I cannot take you seriously.

How about something related to the original question and some Scripture it is based on?

Re: Satan's Fate 12 hours, 38 minutes ago #5256

• chloebess
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks John..........I was surprised by this post, and feel it must be from sort of a cult belief.

The subject is serious because it leaks into other theological areas.

Re: Satan's Fate 11 hours, 1 minute ago #5257

Peace unto your house. (that covers all our communications)

The 'cult' I belong to is the one mentioned in the pre-face to the 1611KJV edition of the Bible. You know, the one this bit is from and the term is 'Gentle reader'. I replied to your's first as it will be the shortest reply of the two. Stay tuned as my doctrine is based on Revelations being still in the future and it points to universal salvation for all flesh. It takes more than 500 words to do that. Should I count you in or does a lot of Scripture make your eyes sore?

"Zeal to promote the common good, whether it be by devising anything ourselves, or revising that which hath been laboured by others, deserveth certainly much respect and esteem, but yet findeth but cold entertainment in the world. It is welcomed with suspicion instead of love, and with emulation instead of thanks: and if there be any hole left for cavil to enter, (and cavil, if it do not find a hole, will make one) it is sure to be misconstrued, and in danger to be condemned."
Time to create page: 0.44 seconds
Featured audio: Dr. Al Mohler & Chris Date debate
"Should Christians rethink Hell?" on Unbelievable?